Please email your resume and letter of interest to [email protected] by March 15th at 5:00 p.m.
As our DEI Innovations Fiscal intern in the Workforce Strategies section, this position contributes to OFM’s mission by providing enterprise level strategies by demonstrating competence in diversity, inclusion, equity, anti-racist, and the cultural needs of Washington State Business Resource Groups. You will support the BRG Coordinator.
Duty: Responsible for the accurate and timely BRG data entry on fiscal spreadsheets.
Submit invoices to the fiscal department for processing.
- Review, analyze and process vendor payment claims in accordance with percurrent statutes, regulations, and agreements.
- Perform analysis to resolve problems related to accounts payable.
- Review, analyze and verify data from multiple sources and correct discrepancies as necessary.
- Analyze fiscal data from multiple sources to reconcile all general ledger accounts to ensure accurate balances.
- Research discrepancies regarding past due accounts and process correcting entries as needed.
Preferred/Desired Education, Experience, and Competencies.
- Two years of increasing responsibility performing advanced or more complex accounting and/or fiscal analysis.
- Analytical and reasoning skills: document processes and procedures for consistency and completeness.
- Technology: Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Excel, Word, Teams, PowerPoint, Adobe Pro etc. Ability and willingness to learn and embrace virtual work/meeting/conference platforms.
- Customer Service: Recognize both internal and external customers. Value and use customer feedback to improve processes. Resolve customer needs in a timely manner. Work toward understanding the problem from the customer’s perspective, and work toward a stakeholder solution. Provide consultation. Collaborate with customers to identify needs and different options to solve problems.
- Interpersonal skills: Actively pursue opportunities to find common ground with co-workers to get along and work effectively together.