Whiting-Turner Field Engineers coordinate the work of subcontractors on con-struction
sites. Reporting to a Project Manager or Superintendent, the Field
Engineer’s major duties include:
Basic qualifcations for Field Engineer candidates include:
Whiting-Turner will train qualifed candidates to develop:
• Coordinating and directing the work of all trades assigned to a construction work
• Resolving and clarifying design issues.
• Supporting creation of project budgets and schedules.
• Identifying and resolving feld issues and change orders.
• Setting expectations for managing a safe work site.
• Reviewing each trade’s work progress with respect to each project phase.
• Ensuring work is completed in accordance with quality standards and
• Reviewing construction drawings.
• Documenting each phase of the project.
• Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline, Engineering Technology or
Construction Management, Construction Technology, or related field.
• Knowledge of engineering principles.
• Knowledge of basic business principles sufficient to project and monitor expenses.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite including Word and Excel.
• Ability to read and understand technical specifications, blueprints, technical
manuals, product/material installation instructions and engineering /architectural
• Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
• Experience with construction projects, mechanical /electrical systems, building
materials, building mechanics or working with craft workers.
• General knowledge of safety regulations, ANSI standards, local and state building
codes, environmental codes, availability of industry-specific codes and guidelines.
• General knowledge of general construction processes, practices and work sites.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Project, Suretrak, Primavera (or other scheduling software).
The Whiting-Turner Contracting Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer,
including the disabled and veterans.
Last Updated: December 13, 2021
Contact WorkEx to get started today.