|ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Independently performs routine equipment repairs including replacement of lights, tires, fuel and air filters, mud flaps, and mud flap brackets. This does not include repairs that require DOT Certification.
· Assists higher skilled technicians on tractor and trailer repairs which do not require or involve in depth training, specialty knowledge, or certifications.
· Performs routine cleaning and maintenance of facility and equipment (sweeping, charging batteries, etc)
· Utilizes computer system (M5) to accurately create, track, and complete work order repairs including the tracking of time (labor hours) and charging out parts.
· Performs fuel island inspections on incoming equipment (tires, lights). Does not complete DOT work alone.
· Steam cleans and washes a wide range of parts and equipment.
· Loads and unloads small and large parts and packages.
· Occasionally stocks and maintains parts inventory and verifies invoices under supervision.
· Utilizes parts reference materials, the computer, service bulletins and other resources to research problems and identify and locate parts. Charges out parts removed from inventory and assists in maintaining parts inventory.
· Utilizes forklift and possibly company vehicles (based on location) to unload, stock, and pick up parts at local vendors, dealers and suppliers as needed.
· Reads paper and electronic instructions to understand, document and close completed work orders. Utilizing paper (i.e. permits) and computer systems (M5) to accurately create, track and complete work order repairs including the tracking of time (labor hours), parts used and work completed.
· Communicates with internal customers including other shop associates, drivers, and operations leaders on repair stances, wait times, reasons for repair decisions and status updates.
· Follows repair guidelines and Standard Operating procedures (SOPs) unique to Schneider
· Contributes to process improvements to advance a LEAN/5S environment
· This description is not an exhaustive or comprehensive list of all job responsibilities, tasks, and duties.
· Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned and the scope of the job may change as necessitated by business demands.
· Maintain regular and consistent attendance and timeliness.
· Exhibit behavior in alignment with our core values at all times.