Are you an outdoorsy-type who loves to solve problems?
We have multiple internships available for you to learn Land Surveying. This internship is ~90-120 days [we have some flexibility here] and there is no previous knowledge necessary.
Surveying offers a balance between working outdoors and working with technology, which includes GPS, robotic total stations, drones, and laser scanners. The field work is complementary to office survey technology involving CAD and GIS based mapping.
What You’ll Do
- Reduce survey data, performing calculations, copying and filing of survey data
- Work as a member of a survey crew performing boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction surveys
- Operation and maintenance of survey equipment, taking field notes, data collection and performing calculations
Who You Are
- Someone who enjoys being outdoors
- Ability to walk and work on varying and unfinished terrain
- Strong work ethic and accountability
- Basic computer skills
- Clean driving record required (no more than 3 accidents and/or moving violations in the last 36 months OR 2 accidents and/or moving violations within the last 12 months)
Why Work Here
- You will learn what surveying is, what is to be expected on a project from field to finish, data processing, drafting and the technology used in surveying
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals
- At the end of the internship, if you are converted to a full time employee you will receive the following benefits
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Holistic Wellbeing Program
Locations: Boise, ID; Coeur d’Alene, ID; Pocatello, ID