Elysian Brewing Maintenance Technician
Three-time Large Brewpub of the Year at the Great American Beer Festival, Elysian Brewing Company operates three locations and a production brewery in Seattle, Washington. Known both for classic styles and for flexibility and innovation, Elysian has brewed over 500 different recipes since opening in 1996. While Elysian’s brewers use a variety of unusual ingredients, they are seasonally notorious for their pumpkin beers. Each year Elysian hosts the Great Pumpkin Beer Festival, where dozens of different pumpkin beers are poured, some of them from giant pumpkins.
Check out our website for more information: https://www.elysianbrewing.com/
Elysian also participates in the WorkEx Military Internship Program (DoD approved SkillBridge/CSP) at JBLM. This position will accept direct hires and internship candidates eligible to intern through WorkEx that are within their last 180 days of active duty service. Active duty service members would need to qualify and enroll into WorkEx Military prior to starting. For more information visit www.workexmilitary.org
We are currently seeking an Industrial Maintenance Technician I to support brewery operations. This position will work to repair and maintain equipment related to the brewing and packaging process as well as conducting facility maintenance. Candidates must be flexible on hours and shifts. Overtime hours will be scheduled during periods of increased maintenance or project needs or to cover absences and vacations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Core duties and responsibilities include the following, other duties may be assigned.
- Repairs, replaces, adjusts, and aligns components of machinery and equipment
- Cleans and lubricates parts, equipment, and machinery.
- Performs routine preventative maintenance and repairs to manufacturing equipment as needed.
- Observes electrical and mechanical devices/systems in operation to located causes of trouble.
- Repairs and replaces defective parts.
- Service and repair plant facilities equipment such as air compressors, heat exchangers, boilers and chillers.
- Adjust and test machinery.
- Make repairs such as chains, sprockets, bearings, and belts. Rebuilds pneumatic cylinders, valves, pumps, gearboxes and other drive train components.
- Utilize CMMS system to view work orders assignments, document parts usage and labor hours, add notes of work completed, and close out the work order.
- Follow procedures for documenting parts usage and reporting inventory levels
- Stick and tig welding repair including sanitary welding
- 5 years experience
- Vocational training or applicable Associates Degree
- Good mechanical aptitude and effective use of basic hand tools.
- Ability to troubleshoot and repair all minor mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic problems with minimal assistance.
- Ability to utilize all math skills, such as basic math, geometry and algebra to complete necessary job tasks.
- Reads and understands electrical, equipment manuals, pneumatic schematics as well as mechanical drawings.
- Ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Be able to communicate effectively with supervisors and peers.
- Abide by all Safety, Health, and Environmental policies
- Basic computer skills (MS Windows Platform, MS Outlook for email)
- Basic electrical construction, including conduit
- Troubleshooting and calibrating AC & DC drives
- Troubleshooting and networking PLC programming